Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Not Just for Laundry Anymore...

The Laundry Room.  A place where all the dirty clothes miraculously come out clean.  It's like magic.  Or at least that is what our family thinks!  Of course, we know better.  I wonder if a log was kept of the hours spent sorting, washing, drying, folding and putting away clothes what it would add up to in a year!  Or a lifetime!

So I figure if I was going to spend hours upon hours in THAT room, I should at least have a something nice to look at!  I wanted my laundry room to be more than a place to throw dirty clothes.  It has taken several transformations to get it where it is today.  And I want to share some thoughts and DIY ideas with you about just that. Sure it has the washer and dryer but it can have anything else you have room for.
 
 I used vintage flash cards in a frame with a photo of my beagles when they were puppies.  It adds a touch of whimsy to the room.





The nine cube unit is from Target.   The cubes with the black pull out bins hold all my dogs necessities - toys, collars, blankets, medication.



The cubes without the pull out bins holds glass jars I bought at the grocery store when they were BOGO free.  The jars hold their treats.  On top of the cubes I wanted a little pizzazz so I bought sheets of scrapbook paper and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the unit and then coated it with several layers of Mod Podge following the directions.  My dog food container is a copy of one I was in the Ballard Designs catalog.  Theirs was $49.  Mine is made from an old popcorn container - you know the kind you get for Christmas with the flavored popcorn in it!  I spray painted the container itself with Rust-Oleum American Accents smooth stain finish paint.  I chose Heirloom White to closely match the one in the catalog.  I used stick on letters to spell out Dog Food and used Mod Podge to seal it.  The words "Bon Chien" and "Bon Appetit" are written with sharpie.  I used flat black spray paint for the lid.

 I have antique glass bleach bottles on top of my cabinets and a cute laundry mat (cushioned which is nice) that I picked up at Home Depot.

Laundry day is not so bad now!

No comments:

Post a Comment