Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Stirring Up Memories

My last post was about picking berries with my husband and cousin.  So many beautiful berries and figs and what to do?  I shared blueberries with my neighbor, my daughter-in-law, my mom, and a friend.  I made jam and I froze a gallon of berries.  I just can see a warm blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on an autumn day...

But, today I want to tell you about the figs.  I didn't have nearly as many of those but they were beautiful and I wanted to do something spectacular with them.  I succeeded!

I was browsing the web for recipes using figs in sauces, preserves and jams and came across this website:
Balsamic Fig Preserves With Rosemary | Foodwise Northwest

All the fresh ingredients for Balsamic Fig Preserves with rosemary


I happened to have on hand all the required ingredients, including my wonderful rosemary.  It was one of the easiest preserves I have ever made.  The hardest part was just tasting as I went and not eating the entire batch!  I had guests over this past weekend and served this with goat cheese and crackers as an appetizer and got rave reviews.  Mission (no fig pun intended) accomplished.

The beautiful figs we picked

The preserves as they cooked

The finished product
I hope you will click the link to this recipe and make this wonderful rich preserve.  You will be glad you made these preserves and you will look like the perfect hostess when you serve these!

No comments:

Post a Comment